Air Quality Successes And Resources
- From 2000 to 2020 ozone concentrations in Texas decreased by 32%, the 10th largest decrease in the United States.
- Between 2000 and 2019, major industrial emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs), precursors to ozone, decreased 69 percent and 48 percent, respectively.
- Of the 20 states with the highest power plant NOx emissions in 2020, Texas ranks 8th lowest in emissions per capita.
- Texas has one of the most extensive air monitoring programs in the nation, including stationary monitors that measure volatile organic compounds like benzene.
- In 2019, all monitors in Texas had annual average benzene concentrations below the state’s safe level (Air Monitoring Comparison Value or AMCV).
Ozone: The Facts
Particulate Matter: The Facts
Six Driving Tips to Save You Money
You can order these free publications and more through our Publications page.